IndieLab 2024 by NOVA FCSH
Seven Portuguese-language feature or short film projects (fiction, documentary or hybrid), in the early stages of development, will be selected to take part in IndieLab 2024.
This year’s lab will take place in two stages, both in person:
Stage 1 – From March 7 to 9
Stage 2 – From May 26 to 28 (during IndieLisboa 2024)
During the laboratory, work will be done on the initial idea and motivation, the point of view, the narrative structure and the creative vision, with the aim of developing the project to enhance its insertion in the national and international markets.
Priority will be given to projects with non-hegemonic, diverse narratives and characters that contribute to the construction of new imaginaries in cinema.
We are looking to support emerging voices and innovative perspectives with an original project in the development phase that has the potential to enter the market and attract national and international partners.
Applicants should be open-minded, curious and interested in discussing their ideas with the tutors and other workshop participants.
Scriptwriters and directors can apply.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
Seven projects will be selected, divided as follows:
– 5 projects chosen from among the applicants
– 2 projects from Faculdade Nova FCSH
To apply you will need:
- Cover letter
- Artistic statement
- Optional: information materials on the audiovisual approach
- Optional: link (with password) to a previous audiovisual work
Registration is via the following link: https://filmfreeway.com/IndieLab
Applications open: January 10th
Closing of applications: February 21
Announcement of those selected: February 29
The projects will be analyzed by a committee linked to IndieLisboa, based on the following criteria:
- Originality of the project and, above all, of the point of view;
- Narratives that favor innovative and non-stigmatized representations of characters and contribute to a new look at cinema;
- Some experience in writing and development on the part of the applicant, but it is important to stress that extensive experience is not necessary, but a life/career/professional trajectory that proves competence and the will to take the project forward;
- The project’s potential on the national and international market.
The project may or may not have an associated producer.
There are no associated costs for those selected to take part in the workshop.
Selected projects gain access to IndieLisboa 2024 activities and sessions.
If Portuguese-language projects from outside Portugal are chosen, the associated travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the participant.
Stage 1 – NOVA FCSH on Avenida de Berna, Lisboa
Stage 2 – Culturgest, Lisboa
TUTOR: Fernanda Polacow
PRODUCTION CONSULTANT: Andreia Nunes