A competitive section composed of films by Portuguese young filmmakers. Some directed their film in a school context; others were fearless enough to direct their first film regardless of any support. Portuguese cinema continues to affirm surprising new voices that the festival wants to support and show.
BRAND NEW BETCLIC AWARD
Hunting Day by Alberto Seixas
• Delphine Jeanneret, programmer and head of studies at HEAD.
• Maria João Mayer, film producer.
• Mia Tomé, actress.
- Being, Daniel Costa | anim., Portugal, 2021, 9′
- Blue and Silver, João Coroa Justino | doc./exp., Portugal, 2020, 15′
- Depth Wish, Margarida Albino | doc./exp., Portugal, 2021, 12′
- Eventide, Vasco Trabulo Bäuerle | fic., Portugal, 2021, 10′
- Fruto do Vosso Ventre, Fábio Silva | doc., Portugal, 2021, 20′
- Hunting Day, Alberto Seixas | fic., Portugal, 2020, 3′
- If What I Hear is Silence, Rosa Vale Cardoso | fic., Portugal/Greece, 2021, 22′
- Late in the Evening, Pedro Ramalhete | fic., Portugal, 2021, 19′
- Miraflores, Rodrigo Braz Teixeira | fic., Portugal, 2021, 18′
- Noctur, Ana Vala | fic., Portugal, 2020, 11′
- Party Tattoos, Teresa Sandeman | doc., Portugal, 2020, 8′
- Siesta Club, Luís Tovar de Lemos | fic., Portugal, 2021, 12′
- A Triad of Paper Horns, Patrícia Janeiro | doc./exp., Portugal, 2020, 6′