Cineclube IndieLisboa continues it’s mission of educating new audiences, by having screening sessions throughout the academic year aimed at students in secondary and higher education. Last month, the Cineclube happened in secondary schools, film schools, schools of actors and colleges, in several sessions that featured debates led by the directors or the technical and artistic teams of the films.
The dialogues created continue to prove to be a bridge between audiences and authors, which emphasizes the importance and artistic, social and philosophical relevance of the works presented, an essential tool for the creation of a space for learning and growth. António Borges Correia, director of Os Olhos de André, was present at the Vergílio Ferreira Secondary School and emphasized the benefits of the space for reflection created and the generation to which he dedicates himself:
“The IndieLisboa Cineclube provides a space for reflection for a cinema that needs to be preserved and for a generation thirsting for free, subjective and non-massified concepts.”
António Borges Correia, director
The space for learning and growth is also due to teachers and institutions that collaborate with the cinema club, allowing the development of the potential of cinema as an educational tool, as pointed out by Helder Castro, teacher at the Artistic School António Arroio:
“The partnership between Cineclube IndieLisboa and Escola Artística António Arroio has allowed the enrichment of the students’ learning and transversal skills development. For the bulk of the school community, it is a moment of reflection and debate, on different themes, contents exposed through of cinema and this is only possible due to the diversity and quality of the proposed films. “
Helder Castro, Teacher at António Arroio Artistic School
The Cineclube IndieLisboa is now preparing to occupy the National Museum of Ethnology. On the 13th it will be screened the feature film Bostofrio, où le ciel rejoint la terre by Paulo Carneiro and on the 17th the short films October is over by Karen Akerman and Miguel Seabra Lopes, Rhoma Acans by Leonor Teles and Everything I imagine by Leonor Noivo.
February IndieLisboa Cineclub Sessions:
- February 7 – Escola Artística António Arroio – Amor, Avenidas Novas by Duarte Coimbra and Onde o Verão Vai (episódios da juventude) by David Pinheiro Vicente – with the presence of Duarte Coimbra and David Pinheiro Vicente
- February 11 – Act – Escola de Actores – Singularidades de uma Rapariga Loira by Manoel de Oliveira – with the presence of Ricardo Trêpa and Catarina Wallenstein
- February 12 – Escola Secundária D. Filipa de Lencastre – Macabre by Jerónimo Rocha e João Miguel Real e Amor, Avenidas Novas by Duarte Coimbra – with the presence of Jerónimo Rocha, João Miguel Real and Duarte Coimbra
- February 12 – Escola Secundária Maria Amália Vaz de Carvalho – Balada de um Batráquio by Leonor Teles and Amor, Avenidas Novas de Duarte Coimbra – with the presence of Duarte Coimbra
- February 17 – Escola Secundária Vergílio Ferreira – Os Olhos de André de António Borges Correia – with the presence of António Borges Correia
- February 19 – Escola Digital – Balada de um Batráquio by Leonor Teles, Amor, Avenidas Novas by Duarte Coimbra and Tudo o que Imagino by Leonor Noivo – with the presence of Duarte Coimbra and Leonor Noivo