Lisbon Screenings – Promoting Portuguese Cinema Worldwide
August 25-27, online
Lisbon Screenings are private screenings for the film industry of a selection of new Portuguese films looking for a world or international premiere. It is an activity for all festival programmers and artistic directors, sales agents, distributors and other film professionals. In 2020, the event had more than 100 professionals attending from all over the world.
Organized by Portugal Film – Portuguese International Film Agency, it is an activity that aims to give visibility to the most recent Portuguese cinema and promotes contact between directors and producers with professionals of the international film industry. Many of the films shown in past editions had their premiere in major festivals such as Berlin, Rotterdam, Cannes, Locarno, Venice and Sundance, among others.
Access to the Lisbon Screenings is by invitation only. Details of the featured films will be published in IndieLisboa’s industry booklet, available for download very soon.
- Around Rocha’s Table by Samuel Barbosa, production: Bando à Parte
- Granary Squares by Gonçalo Lamas, production: Gonçalo Lamas
- Fragile by João Eça (Pedro Henrique), production: Videolotion & Promenade
Around Rocha’s Table had its world premiere at the 74th edition of Locarno Film Festival, in the Histoire (s) du Cinéma section, and it is part of the Director’s Cut section of this edition. Granary Squares will have its world premiere in IndieLisboa’s National Competition.
- Cesária Évora by Ana Sofia Fonseca, production: Carrossel Produções
- Listening by Inês Oliveira, production: Ar de Filmes
- A History of the Film Spectator by José Filipe Costa, production: Vende-se Filmes
- Red Africa by Alexander Markov, production: Ukulele Films, Kintop
- The House in the North by Inês Lima, production: Elias Querejeta Zine Eskola
- Blindman’s Buff by Tomás Paula Marques, production: Patricia Silva, Cristiana Cruz Forte, Tomás Paula Marques
- What Remains by Daniel Soares, production: Kid with a Bike Films
- Sleep Tight by Catarina Ruivo, production: Trabalhos de Casa
- High-Rise Death by Diogo Baldaia, production: Diogo Baldaia
Blindman’s Buff, by Tomás Paula Marques, What Remains, by Daniel Soares, and Sleep Tight, by Catarina Ruivo will have their world premieres in the National Competition of this year’s IndieLisboa – International Film Festival.
- Mistida by Falcão Nhaga, production: Escola Superior de Teatro e Cinema
- Becoming Male in the Middle Ages by Pedro Neves Marques, production: Foi Bonita a Festa
- Promises by Diogo Baldaia, production: Diogo Baldaia
- Blue Has No Dimensions by Ágata de Pinho, production: Uma Pedra no Sapato
- Reminiscences of a Journey to Nagasaki by José Manuel Fernandes, production: Filmes do Gajo.
More about Portugal Film at www.portugalfilm.org